Can you believe that SEL Day 2022 is only TWO months away?! We are so excited to see what milestones we can reach this year for SEL Day. The theme this year is:
Finding common ground, Pursuing common good.
Some of you might notice that SEL Day is a bit earlier this year as they are trying to be inclusive as possible and make sure that all schools can participate before spring break starts. With that in mind we encourage you to sign up to participate in SEL Day 2022!
Participation can include but is not limited to writing a blog post or article, posting on social media, putting together a community activity or donation, and so much more. Check out the SEL Day page to find the perfect idea!
Meanwhile, stay tuned for more information regarding what we here at SEL4CT are planning for SEL Day 2022. But in the meantime if you have any ideas for what you would like to see us do this year, please contact us at email@example.com. We want to hear all voices promoting SEL this year!
SEL Day 2021 was a great success despite the implications of Covid-19. SEL4CT participated in a Twitter chat last year to celebrate SEL Day and help promote SEL across our state and country. For those of you who were unable to join us or missed our newsletter here is a brief review from SEL Day:
“YOUR efforts helped #SELday reach several important milestones:
- Over 12 million views from over 8,000 mentions of #SELday
- Over 50,000 #SELday likes across social media
- #SELday trended on Twitter for more than 2 hours on March 26th
- Seven #SELday state proclamations and an #SELday U.S. Congressional Record
- Over #SELday 3,100 participants representing 69 countries and all 50 U.S. states
- More than 2,500 schools, districts and organizations represented”
For a more in-depth review and to see more highlights from SEL Day 2021 please click here.