Please explore these resources for stories, strategies, texts, and approaches for greater understanding and creating more accepting learning, living, and working environments.
- 3 Skills to Discuss Racism with Social Emotional Learning
- Why We Can’t Afford Whitewashed Social-Emotional Learning
- Dena Simmons: Without Context, Social-Emotional Learning Can Backfire
- Three SEL Skills You Need to Discuss Race in Classrooms
- Four Ways Teachers Can Reduce Implicit Bias
- How Should I Talk about Race in My Mostly White Classroom?
- Confronting White Privilege
- Why Talk About Whiteness?
- Race Talk: Engaging Young People in Conversations About Race and Racism
- What White Children Need to Know About Race
- A District Profile: Black Lives Matter at School
- Antiracism in Social-Emotional Learning: Why It’s Not Enough to Talk the Talk
- 4 Ways To Plan For Social Emotional Learning And Anti-Racism In Early Elementary
- Advancing Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) as a Lever for Equity and Excellence
- Let’s Talk about Racism in Schools
- If We Aren’t Addressing Racism, We Aren’t Addressing Trauma
A special thanks to our friends at SEL4CA for sharing their race and equity content with us to get us started!
Do you see something we’re missing or have a resource you think should be included here? Please contact us with that information here.